Soundcloud has become almost a mandatory reference when we want to share and at the same time promote our music on the Internet.
This well-known portal was founded in Stockholm (Sweden) in 2007 and since then it has only grown in popularity, especially among fans of electronic music real sc plays.
However, despite the time that has passed, for many users (new or not), Soundcloud remains a true unknown. That is why in this post we will offer you 5 simple tips to make your Souncloud account look like that of a true professional.
1. Have a Soundcloud Pro account: Yes we know, not everyone can afford to pay the 30 euros (Soundcloud Pro) or the 99 euros (Soundcloud Pro Unlimited) that paid accounts cost per year. But if you want to look like a professional you must act like one, know the detailed statistics of all your sessions or productions, upload up to 6 hours of music (Soundcloud Pro) or unlimitedly in the case of the Pro Unlimited account or not be limited to The 100 downloads per file with which free accounts operate are more than enough reasons to consider an investment of this type. If you want to know more reasons, we advise you to read this post 5 reasons to have a Pro account on Soundcloud.
2. Manage your tags correctly: To classify your music, Soundcloud uses the first tag that you write just below the name of the session or production you want to upload. If, for example, you use the electronic tag, Soundcloud will automatically classify it as electronic music and it will be easier for your music to be found by lovers of this genre.
The best thing in these cases is to put the tag according to the genre that covers your music, you can always use more tags, but the first one is the one that will define where Soundcloud will place your production or session. So don’t make a mistake and classify your music yourself so that others can discover it and the views and followers will increase considerably.
3. Always fill out the biography section and your links on social networks: This aspect is one of the most neglected, so much so that many users do not even have a measly email address to be able to contact them in case a stamp want to publish their music or directly have someone hire them as a DJ at an event.
It is advisable that the biography not be very long, no one wants to read a will, it is about defining in a few lines who you are and what you do. If you have the biography in Spanish and English, much better, taking into account that Shakespeare’s language is the most used in the music industry and in the business world in general, the logical thing is to make things easy for our future followers.
As for social networks, focus on the most popular ones and opt for quality over quantity. If, for example, you have an Instagram account and you have only uploaded two photos in two years, it is best to ignore your presence on that social network and focus on those where you are most active.
4. The name of the url is essential: Try to have your name as a DJ be the one used on Soundcloud, it is true that many times it is not available, especially when they are very frequent names. But you can combine, add or delete letters or words so that it is as professional as possible.
It is important to clarify that if you are the owner of a Soundcloud Pro account, the platform allows you to change the name of your url. That is why it is advisable to check from time to time that the name you want to choose is no longer busy and proceed to change it quickly.
Another aspect that you should keep in mind is that all your profiles on social networks use the same name. If you always use DJ Paco, it doesn’t make much sense for you to only use Paco on Soundcloud. The ideal is to always respect your brand and in the case of DJs and producers, the brand is the name by which they are known professionally.
5. Consistency in publishing content: There is no point in publishing 3 sessions in a month and then spending 6 months without publishing anything, the Soundcloud algorithm is designed to promote the most active users.
The normal thing is to design a media plan, that is, publish new content from time to time. The most common thing is to upload at least once a month, you can space your posts with that time interval. It is better to upload one production a month, rather than 3 remixes in a week and then the next week or month absolutely nothing.